Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2017 Highlights

2017 was definitely my best year so far. So much happened and I am so very grateful for all the good and the bad. It was a year of laughter and learning and I managed to do so much within the space of a year and grow (hopefully into a better person). Above are some highlights of my year. The best parts were the ones spent in good company and the ones where there were lots of laughter. 
The year started with quite possibly the largest trip I've ever taken, with 17 people to Thulusdhoo. There were lots of stuff going on haha. 
We also participated in this scavenger hunt which was really fun, eventho we didn't win. We were The Red Five. 
My friends threw me a pre-birthday party which was Stranger Things themed and they even made a video. It was so overwhelmingly amazing. I mean look at that card! Here is the video. 
My birthday trip was one of my favourite trips on 2017. There were just a few friends and we had the best time at Huraa. 
The trip to Himmafushi with family is always a highlight because I freaking love that island, and my aunt makes the best food. 
I also filmed a lots of reviews and read a couple book. I'll be doing a bookish year in review soon. I also successfully finished #Booktubeathon which was great. 
We all stayed over at Starshell and it was pretty great. We had the best food and went moodh-ing and played gandu fillaa. 
We celebrated a lot of birthdays. A LOT. There were so much cake and laughter, I loved every single one of them. 
Velidhoo trip was another favourite. So many moodhu days, I really love moodhu and that's where I rejuvenate. 
We also had lots of food outings and lunches and generally I feel like 2017 was spend mostly eating, which is always great.
I also had my very own show on an actual TV network which is freaking amazing. I got to talk about books over at IceTV on Between The Lines and that was just so awesome.  
Eid trip this year was to Ihavandhoo and we had a nice time watching Eid celebrations and moodh-ing as usual. 
On the way and back from Ihavandhoo, we went over to Kulhudhuffushi, which was so very beautiful. We met up with friends from there. 
For the Fitr Eid, we went back to Bodufolhudhoo which was another really wonderful trip filled with too much Werewolf games and Iava baazee. 
And ofcourse no Bodufolhudhoo trip would be complete without a trip to Mathiveri finolhu which is honestly one of the best places in Maldives! The beach is just beauty. 
I also won a trip to Summer Island and took my sisters for a day which turned out to be pretty nice. It was a very chill weekend. 
We celebrated Mens Day with all the guys and gave them succulents, haha. 
I turned my guest room into an airbnb and we hosted a number of people which was so great. Got to find so many friends from around the world. 
I spent a lot of time working on my bullet journal and creativity and crafting, all of which were nice unwinding time. 
We went and supported our girls playing Twitsal! What a blast. 
DYM turned 5 years! I can't believe it's been that long to our little baby and it seems like it was only yesterday. 
I wrote a lot of letters. I was going to write 365 of them but only managed to write 131. Humadh helped me by leaving a couple of them in India!
I also got a MASTER'S DEGREE. Sometimes I still can't believe it because it all sounds like someone else's life. It was so much hard work but I'm here and it's just so great. As always, my family has been there with me all the way. 
And ofcourse, my friends are the best, they threw me me own graduation party! Cpomplete with Munshi (whom I adore so much!) as a guest of honour and it was so heartwarming I still cannot believe I am so lucky. 
We ended the year with a blast. a BBQ, lots of good food and quality time with the best of friends.  

It was also a year of sadness in a way because I lost two people that meant very much to me. The murder of Yaamyn is still fresh in our minds and it doesn't make sense, still. It keeps me up at nights and keeps me wondering who is next, is it me? you? 

I also lost my Thitha, who was like a second mother to me, but I like to think that she's in a better place now. May the losses teach us valuable life lessons and loving. 
and it was a year filled with more love than I know what to do with. What a year it has been.
I hope you guys had a good year too, and may 2018 be kind to us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!