Sunday, November 11, 2012

Organizing: Filofax

I have been a fan of Filofax since I saw one in a MK and Ashley movie some years ago. I've always been an organizing kind of person. I love lists and routines and making goals and all that, and I've been craving a Filofax for ages, and just a few weeks ago I got my dream Filofax from my very good friend M, who is absolutely wonderful person. It's a Filofax Metropol personal organizer in Raspberry and it is just perfect.
Photo0280
Here's my Filo in all its glory. Ever since receiving it, I've kept my nifty Personal Organizer, Drew that was my best friend before safely. I decided not to name the Filo and call it Filo/Metropol.
Photo0281 
I love the two pen flaps, and that is part of the reason I've always wanted this. I use one for a highlighter, which is an absolute necessary for me, and then there's for the ballpoint pen. I decided to go all pink on this.
Photo0282
I'm quite happy with how I'm managing the tabs and everything. I wish the card holders were a bit bigger, because I can't seem to fit my Uni ID. I have yet to register this. So this is how the first page looks like. In the card holders I have my address cards, blog card, Uni ID, and little bits of paper (for writing little notes). In the big pocket (which I love!), I keep my map. Yes, I am horrible with directions and I get lost even in Male'. -.- Story of my life! I made the rainbow coloured tabs out of cardboard and the 6 tabs are Blog, Daily, DYM (Dhi Youth Movement, which is our NGO), Goals, Expenses, and Others.
Photo0288
I have two pages per day, which I'm still trying to work with. Drew had two days per page so it was really easy since I do have a lot to do each day. So now I try to keep the daily things in separate post its so I don't forget. 
Photo0291
A random page from the goals tab. This is what I'm doing this month, learning a new word a day which is pretty fun. After the tab, I have a set of tabs for my University work, which at the moment is only my thesis, so I have separate tabs for my portfolio, timeline, presentation, etc. They are rather boring so I'll skip that part.
Photo0294
I haven't decorated my Filo as per se, but I did put some inspiring song lyrics between tabs. I like it being simple and not too flamboyant and I love how easy it is to work with. 
Photo0304
At the end, I have this little pocket, which is absolutely handy. I keep post-its here and a list of my 101 Things. There is also another pocket, which you can see beneath the transparent one; I keep my University contacts and assignment chits there. 
So, basically that is the whole set up of my Filofax and I'm just so so glad I have it. It has made my life so much easier while looking stylish at the same time. 

How do you keep your Filofax? I love seeing how other people keep their Filofaxes. 

PS, I'm sorry for the low quality pics. I took them from my phone which is not known for great picture quality.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you mentioned the MK and Ashley reference... New York minute made me want a planner just like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, didn't we all! :D thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Haha ! This is such a coincidence. I watched New York Minute last night. And tonight I randomly felt like browsing your blog and I came across this post at the top.

    Very organized you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. wow, that is a coincidence. I loved that movie so much.

      Delete
  3. Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it
    was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for inexperienced blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate
    it.

    my blog post: openmindspace.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Thank you very much.

      I would say, write what interests you, update regularly and just enjoy. :)

      Have a good day.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!